creative writing | fiction
Forget all the rules. Forget about being published. Write for yourself and celebrate writing.
In search of celebration, I share some of my fiction here.
professional development | writerly things
- Grammar Therapy - 4-week grammar course for fiction
- Write What You Know - 4-week writing course with WritersHQ
- Flash Fiction Fan Club - 8-week flash fiction writing course
- Write Drunk, Edit Sober - Half-day self-editing workshop
- The Weekend of Reading Tasmania - Attendee/Volunteer, 2019
- Melbourne Writers Week - Attendee, 2019
- Hobart Writers Festival - Attendee, 2019
- Australian Short Stories Festival - Attendee, 2018
- Feminist Writers Festival, Sydney - Attendee, 2018
- Perth Writers Festival - Attendee, 2017, 2018
- Perth Writers Festival - Social Media Support, 2019
awards | fellowships
- Katharine Susannah Prichard Fellowship Recipient 2021
- Weird Christmas Flash Fiction Competition 2020, Shortlisted
- Bath Flash Fiction Summer 2020, Longlisted
- National Flash Fiction Day Award 2019, Highly Commended
- Writers HQ Flash Fiction Prize 2019, Third Place
- Mslexia Flash Fiction Competition 2019, Longlisted
- Reflex Press Flash Fiction Prize 2017, 2018, 2019, Longlisted
- Contributor Interview, The Suburban Review
Published: Print, Issue 43 Blink Ink Magazine (March 2021)
Tuesday Night at a Bar in Hoxton With a Cartoon Dog
Published: Print, Issue 18 F*EMS Zine (Dec. 2020)
What No Longer Is
Shortlisted for the Weird Christmas Flash Fiction Competition (unpublished)
Published: Print, Issue 42 Blink Ink Magazine
Three Haiku on Loss
Published: Online, Blue Bottle Journal
Long-listed for the Bath Flash Fiction Award 2020
Published: Print, forthcoming anthology (Dec. 2020)
Published: Print, Issue 17 of F*EMS Zine
Published: Online, National Flash Fiction Day 2020
Published: Online with Sawtooth ARI, as part of the digital community art project 'The Arrowhead Expanding Outwards'
Rust & Bone
Published: Print, Issue 2.1 of Human/Kind Journal
The Disconcerting Discovery of Shoes on a Beach
Long-listed for the Reflex Press Winter 2019 Competition.
Love is the Greatest of Dreams, Yet the Worst of Nightmares
Published: Print, 'Where Are We Now?' Geelong Writers Annual Anthology.
Today I Dropped a Punnet of Blueberries
Published: Online, Every Day Fiction
Kiss it Better
Longlisted in Mslexia Flash Fiction Competition
Last Night I Saved a Moth From Drowning
Published: Print, Fall 7.3 issue of *82 Review
Published: Online, Issue 14 of The Suburban Review
Awarded Third Place in the Writers HQ 2019 Flash Fiction Prize.
Last Night I Saved a Moth from Drowning
Highly Commended in the National Flash Fiction Day 2019 Prize.
Published: Online & Print, 'And We Pass Through' Anthology.
Every Second Thursday
Long-listed for the Reflex Press Winter 2018 prize.
Published: Online & Print, 'The Real Jazz Baby' Anthology.